Operating System Hardening
Operating system (OS) security is a priority for system administrators, but most agree that it is not an easy process. It can be time consuming and difficult, and the process can vary from OS to OS. Quite often operating systems are not secured as well as they should be and/or the level to which they are secured is not easily reportable or auditable.
Operating system hardening software allows system administrators to harden many of the operating systems across their heterogeneous environment with ease and ongoing monitoring, remediation and reporting.
Security Blanket from Raytheon Trusted Computer Solutions (RTCS) is an easy-to-use, flexible tool that helps you configure your operating system to make it more secure. Security Blanket can be used to configure a new system to a preconfigured or customized set of security standards and can be run periodically to measure compliance. System administrators who are not Linux or Solaris experts can feel confident that they can meet their organization’s security requirements by using Security Blanket.
Security Blanket allows you to:
- Lock down (Hardening) Linux and Solaris operating systems automatically
- Choose pre-defined security profiles or create your own
- Assess current server security configuration
- Remediate identified OS vulnerabilities automatically
- Undo lock downs that compromise functionality
- Baseline and Compare server configurations
- Report on assessments, baselines, and logging events
- Schedule assessments, lock downs, and reporting